Every Landlord's Legal Guide gives landlords the legal and practical solutions they need to rent residential property right. From move-in to move-out, this book covers a wide range of issues, including fair housing, repairs, sublets, screening for good tenants, and environmental hazards such as mold and bedbugs (yes, bedbugs). Handy 50-state charts lists specific laws for each state.
Nolo's bestselling Every Landlord's Legal Guide helps landlords:
- screen and choosing tenants
- prepare leases and rental agreements
- collect and returning deposits
- avoid discrimination charges
- keep up with repairs and maintenance
- hire the right property manager
- minimize your liability
- deal with problem tenants
This book provides over 30 forms landlords need, including state-specific leases and rental agreements. This edition is completely revised with the latest in the law, plus explanations of new federal rules affecting foreclosed properties and new information on security deposits in each state.
All forms are now downladable at nolo.com.