Fully revised 6th edition of this classic 191-mile walk across northern England from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, inspired by Alfred Wainwright. Crossing three fabulous national parks " the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors " it samples the very best of the English countryside " rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dales and stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
- 6 town plans and 109 large-scale walking maps " at just under 1:20,000 " showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and much more. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
- Itineraries for all walkers " whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
- Practical information for all budgets " camping, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels; St Bees through to Robin Hood's Bay " where to stay, where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
- Comprehensive public transport information " for all access points on the Coast to Coast Path
- Flora and fauna " four page full color flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife
- Green hiking " understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it
- Plus GPS waypoints. These are also downloadable from the Trailblazer website
- Now includes extra colour sections: 16pp colour introduction and 16pp of colour mapping for stage sections (one stage per page) with trail profiles.