An easy, informative introduction to the world of wine
If you love wine and are interested to learn more about it, Uncorked is the perfect tool to gain a straightforward understanding of the essentials of wine, allowing you to enjoy wine and be at ease in any setting. This entertaining guide is presented in an easy-to-understand format, covering topics on everything from the winemaking process, wine vocabulary, and red wine versus white wine, to tasting and selecting wines for any occasion. With a helpful glossary and brief topic-by-topic chapters, this accessible, snobbery-free guide is the perfect companion for purchasing wines and navigating your way skillfully at parties, dinners, wine tastings, wine shops, and more.
Learn how to:
- Understand the origins of wine and the process of making it
- Know and speak the language of wine with terms like tannins, oaks, residual sugar, dry, medium- and full-bodied, and more
- Properly taste and drink wines
- Choose wines to complement foods
- Save money by making choices that suit your palate